Chemistry Course for TERM 2
Subject Facilitator: Ms Tonia Jacobs
Teacher Bio: Ms Tonia Jacobs, B Sc; HOD; (University of Stellenbosch) Hon BEd (UNISA). Experienced in teaching Physical Science for 30 years.
Subject Introduction: NSSCO levels are general qualifications that enable learners to progress either directly to employment, or to proceed to further qualifications. Learners who are awarded grades C to A* in NSSCO are well prepared to follow courses leading to Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate Advanced Subsidiary (NSCCAS) level Chemistry.
Subject Outline for Term 2:
- Topic 1: Scientific processes
- Topic 2: Matter
- Topic 3: Materials
- Topic 4: Stoichiometry
- Topic 5: Electrochemistry
- Topic 6: Chemical reactions
- Topic 7: Acids, bases and salts
- Topic 8: Qualitative analysis
- Topic 9: Metals
- Topic 10: Organic chemistry
- Topic 11: Environmental and industrial chemistry